For the 74th installation of our CEO Series, Young Corporate Malaysians (YCM) is proud to present Benyamin Ismail, CEO of AirAsia X Berhad, who will be sharing his story ‘Ben behind the Flight Deck’.
Benyamin Ismail joined AirAsia Malaysia in March 2010 and was officially appointed as the Chief Executive Officer for AirAsia X Berhad on 1 September 2015.
Prior to that, he was the Group Head of Corporate Development, Implementation and Investor Relations, leading the group in corporate development and finding strategic opportunities to complement AirAsia’s airline and non-airline businesses through mergers and acquisitions, investments and special projects.
Before his tenure at AirAsia, Benyamin had an illustrious eight-year career in the Investment Banking industry with big players such as CIMB Investment Bank, Maybank Investment Bank and Affin Investment Bank, giving him a wide understanding of the overall financial industry.
Benyamin played a pivotal role in enhancing AirAsia’s growth to become one of the most attractive companies on the Bursa Stock Exchange in Malaysia in terms of transparency, investor returns and Corporate Governance. Under his leadership, AirAsia became one of the most covered stocks by domestic and international brokerage houses and was awarded the Best Investor Relation Company four years in a row by Corporate Governance Asia.
Benyamin received the award of Best IR Professional in 2011 and 2012 by Bursa’s Malaysian Investor Relation Association. As well as the ‘Best Investor Relation Professional’ award four consecutive times. Benyamin holds a degree in Bachelor of Commerce (Banking & Finance) from Curtin University of Technology, Australia and a Masters in Electronic Commerce from Edith Cowan University, Australia.
- Date: 16th July 2019 (Tuesday)
- Time: 6.45 PM – 9.00 PM
- Venue: RedQ, Jalan Pekeliling 5 Lapangan Terbang Antarabangsa Kuala Lumpur (KLIA2) 64000 KLIA, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia (Maps)
- Dress code: Business casual
- 6.45 PM: Registration & Networking Session
- 7.30 PM: Tour around RedQ (AirAsia Headquarters)
- 8.00 PM: Sharing Session by Mr. Benyamin Ismail
- 9.00 PM: Adjourn
- If you are driving, you may park your vehicle at RedQ Parking Lot and validate your parking tickets during the event.
- If you are taking the public transport, please disembark at the KLIA ERL Station (5-minute walk). There is a walkway connecting KLIA2 to RedQ. You can find the video describing the direction on Youtube.
RSVP now to join in and gain insights into Benyamin’s experience, tour around RedQ and much more. Registration closes on the 13th July 2019 at 23:59 GMT+8, seats are limited on a first-come, first-served basis.